Wednesday, June 1, 2011

PEARL OF GREAT VALUE

Matthew 13: 45-46 NAS
The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Years ago one of my sisters bought our mother a necklace of fine pearls. My sister told me that Mom often said she would like to have a set of pearls, so she saved her money for a long time in order to buy them. When Mom showed them to me I saw the light in her eyes as she ran her fingers across each pearl. Mom had never had such a finer piece of jewelry.

Recently I was watching television where they showed people diving for pearls, surfacing and diving once more to bring even more pearls to place in their buckets. They were opened and the tissues were searched. More than a ton were searched in order to find at least 3 to 4 quality pearls.

To God each one of us is a pearl of great value. Like the pearl, He shapes and molds us every time we are in His word.

In God's eyes we are not only beautiful on the outside but just as beautiful on the inside. I Peter 3:4 says let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

Remember each morning when you arise and each evening when you retire. You are a fine pearl.

Dear Father thank you for making me Your pearl. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment