Friday, April 29, 2011

MY NAME IS I AM

Psalm 9:10(NKJV)
And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.

On Easter Sunday our two daughters came to church with their families. They don't do this often enough. My eight year old grandson sat on my one side and the five year old grandson sat on the other side. Usually the eight year old sits with his parents so this was a treat for me. It was the first time for my five year old.

During one song my eight year old ask me who were they singing about. Was it Ya Who Ya? I tried not to laugh at what he thought he heard and explained it was Yahweh. It was another word to describe Lord or Jesus.

Later in the service he asked another question, and then another. I said a silent prayer thanking God for speaking to my grandson's heart.

Several years ago I attended a ladies Bible study that focused on names of our Lord and what they meant. Jehoval-nissi, The Lord My Banner. Jehoval-jireh, The Lord will Provide. Elohim, Creator. El Elyon, The Most High God. Jehovah-shalom, The Lord is Peace. Jehovah-sabaoth, The Lord of Hosts. El Olam, The Everlast God. Jehovah-raah, The Lord My Shepherd. Jehovah-rapha, The Lord That Healeth.

My God is the great healer, the Lord of Lords, the great Creator, and He provides me with all I need.

Heavenly Father thank you for being my everything. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment