Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A New Day

I'll be going to a friend's retirement party today. She is a friend of my daughter's. My daughter! Where has the time gone? She has her whole life before her and she has already retired from one job giving her time to start another career.

She is retiring from the Air Force. I once thought of joining the military but so many road blocks prevented me from doing so. I look back now and think I would be enjoying a retirement check just like she will be receiving. They say hind sight is twenty twenty. Yes it is, but did you ever think that God may have had different plans for you?

It took me a few years to realize this. I know he has a plan for me.......I just haven't figured it out yet. Maybe I'm not supposed to figure it and just let Him guide me.

I write, take care of grandchildren, soul mate to my husband, help out at the church, belong to a women's group, and when I have time I clean house. Yeah....clean house, my least favorite thing to do.

I guess that is what I'm supposed to do until the door opens and I finally realize this is what God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment