Monday, July 23, 2012

BLESSED

Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him. Romans 4:8 NIV

I wrote this verse down this morning during my quiet time. It has stuck with me all day, gnawing at me, as if God Himself was saying I want you to write about this. Every time I sat down at the desk I pushed the note around trying to dismiss it. But when God wants you to do something, you need to do it.

Satan has a way of sneeking in to my subconscious every now and then to remind me of the things I've done that were not up to par. But I know, from this verse, I count myself blessed beyond anything I could ever imagine. I know my Lord has forgiven all my sins and will never bring them up again.

I could go on and list them. I know what they were, God knows what they were, and for sure Satan knows. The difference is Satan wants to keep reminding me but God has wiped them clean. Never to be brought up again.

Dear Father thank you for wiping my slate clean. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment