Thursday, December 8, 2011

BREATHLESS

Genesis 1:10 (NAS)
And God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good.

It's that time of the year again we go hustling and bustling around trying to do everything at once. Shopping, cleaning, Christmas cards, and the lists go on. We find ourselves running so fast it leaves us breathless.

I was thinking about that this morning. Breathless........ It brought other thoughts to mind. I went on a camping trip with a friend many years ago. We headed north towards Nelson, BC. As we climbed the mountains I leaned my head back and marveled at the sight. It seemed like the mountains reached to the heavens. Majestic, standing so tall, covered with pine trees. It was, in a sense, breathless.

My mother and I took a trip along the Washington coast one day. We stopped and got out of the car at one of the roadside rests. The ocean looked like glass in the distance as small waves crashed on shore. There was silence except for the waves. Driftwood lay along the beach. A picture of tranquility. Breathless.

Still on another trip to Riudoso, NM my husband and I sat on the front porch and listened as the wind blew through the tall pines. Occasionally a squirel scurried from tree to tree looking for pine nuts. It was so quiet except for a bird now and then calling for his mate. Breathless.

I thought about Mary and Joseph when Jesus was born. Holding her tiny baby in her arms and knowing He was God's son, she must have felt breathless.

I feel breathless at times knowing I am a child of God. He loves me and forgives my sins. By grace through faith I am saved. Praise God.

Dear Father thank you for Your precious Son Jesus who was born and then died for my sins. Thank you for Your sacrifice. I am breathless. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment