Friday, November 18, 2011

His Time Is Near

Song Of Solomon 2:8 (NAS)
Listen! My beloved! Behold, he is coming, climbing on the mountains, leaping on the hills!

I opened my Bible this morning and this is where it lay. At one time I highlighted this verse. The book of Solomon is a love song depicting the wooing and wedding of a shepherdess. But it also pictures Israel as God's bride and the Church as the bride of Christ.

As I read it I thought of what was going on in the world today. Listen.....everyone who can hear. God is calling you to take head. Listen to your heart as He speaks to you. Listen to the warnings that are written in His Word of all that will happen before Jesus return.

My Beloved. You are His beloved. He created you. He wants to have fellowship with you. He loves you pure and simple. It doesn't get any plainer than this.

Behold, he is coming. It is written in His Word Jesus was born, died on the cross, and will come again to take His children home. Home to reign with Him on high.

Climbing on the mountains. He is waiting for you to accept Him. He knocks, speaks to your heart, and waits for you to respond. Do not wait too long.

Leaping on the hills. He rejoices and the angels sing with resounding song when you accept His love. He waits with great anticipation to be able to talk with you, to sing with you, and to guide you throughout your daily journey. Let Him direct you. You cannot do it alone. He never wanted you to do it on your own. He is your sheild, protector, comforter.

Heavenly Father I come to you today and ask you to guide each one of us as we go through the day. Keep our eyes on You. I pray this in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment